Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My New Stainless Steel Topped Table

swboutonswbouton Posts: 21
edited October 2012 in EGG Table Forum
A client of mine made the stainless steel table top for me.  It's 25" wide x 72" long.  They did a great job of cutting the hole out for the egg and fabricating the corners and edges.

A friend built the table structure.  I helped a little, but he came up with the design and did all the real work.  It's nice to have an RPI engineer on your side. 

The table is 34" high.

It's built like a TANK and, it rolls well on my deck.

I intend to paint it after the pressure-treated wood dries out, maybe toward the end of November (about 2 months from now).  I'd like to come up with a way to cover the sides and the back.  I'm thinking some kind of stainless steel "pattern" that provides air flow.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Steve
swb_big_green__egg.jpg
1024 x 575 - 281K

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,049
    I put a couple of feather fans in mine cause it was pretty air tight. (bought a cabinet at a used restaurant supply) You are going to want to get something to allow a little airspace between the egg and the paver. The old feet that came with the egg were good, or you could use some split firebricks. Folks have had some trouble with the thermal transfer from the egg to the paver burning the wood.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I'm surprised that much heat will pass through the paver.  It's 2" thick.

I did not receive the "feet" that came with the egg.  Maybe I can get them at the place I bought it or I'm sure I can find something at Lowe's.

Thanks for your help.