Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

When Doves Cry

SweepTheLegSweepTheLeg Posts: 3
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Know I know what it sounds like when doves cry. Just bought my LBGE and made baby back ribs. WOW! Moist, flavorful amd beautiful. Thanks for all the help. Are there any good burbon sauces?

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,299
    Welcome to the zoo. IMHO any whiskey or bourbon based sauce must be used as a brush on after cooking, otherwise all the goodness, alcohol, will be cooked out. Have had good luck with Emeril's sauces, this one has bourbon, but to be honest, made it without the bourbon and it tasted the same. 
    Best dipping sauce ever was about 4:1 ratio of Sweet Baby Ray's and any bourbon or whiskey, just "whisk" in the good stuff, warm slightly in the microwave and mop on the finished ribs/chicken just before serving. Uses very little and you can taste it. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,645
    Be careful with burbon sauces. Did a pork something in the oven many years ago with burbon and it just about took the oven door off when it expolded. If my poodle had been in front of the door when it went off she would never have got up again.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).