Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need help please....

NoDak1959NoDak1959 Posts: 45
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hi all. I'm doing my first butts today and my temp probe on one is 192 deg and only about 186-188 on another after almost 23 hours, but the twist test with a dinner fork is super easy. I've been basting almost hourly and they look super moist and tender. Should I consider them done even if they don't get to 190 to 200 deg?

Thanks all for the help!

·

Comments

• I personally go to at least 195.  Keep in mind that just because 1 butt is done does not mean the other is.  Butts are like snowflakes, no 2 are alike.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Are they bone in? If the bone just kinda falls out with a little pressure you aree done. It's not gonna hurt it if you go a little longer either. I'd bet that if you pulled them now and foiled they would get to 200.
    ·