Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Need help please....

NoDak1959NoDak1959 Posts: 45
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hi all. I'm doing my first butts today and my temp probe on one is 192 deg and only about 186-188 on another after almost 23 hours, but the twist test with a dinner fork is super easy. I've been basting almost hourly and they look super moist and tender. Should I consider them done even if they don't get to 190 to 200 deg?

Thanks all for the help!

Comments

• I personally go to at least 195.  Keep in mind that just because 1 butt is done does not mean the other is.  Butts are like snowflakes, no 2 are alike.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Are they bone in? If the bone just kinda falls out with a little pressure you aree done. It's not gonna hurt it if you go a little longer either. I'd bet that if you pulled them now and foiled they would get to 200.