Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gadget Question(s)

tillerman7tillerman7 Posts: 18
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering if there was a wireless digital temperature probe that the majority of you all would or could recommend?  Also, as some of you might have seen I am building a table for my XL BGE and was wondering what you guys use in the way of lighting.  I'd like LED lighting to use while cooking, not for aesthetics...
·

Comments

• I think most use the Maverick Et 732 ,it is what I have. As for lighting , can't help there !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    This is what I use to start a fire. Harbor Frieght.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    I think most use the Maverick Et 732 ,it is what I have. As for lighting , can't help there !
    +1
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,247

I think most use the Maverick Et 732 ,it is what I have. As for lighting , can't help there !

+1

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,840
    +1 on the Maverick ET732. Usually available for $50-60. Evidently the BGE wireless is a Mav. However, it depends what you plan to cook. The BBQ Guru Digi-Q is also popular for those wanting to control the temp as well as monitor it. If you plan to do a lot of low and slow overnighters etc... and don't mind spending a couple of hundred dollars, this uint might be for you. some folks have had problems with the Maverick, others have had them for years. 
    I think the key with the Mav's is too ensure the probes do not get wet; keep the pit probe away from direct burning lump; do not try and use the pit probe to monitor a 600F pizza cook; the food probe should be wiped clean, not submerged or put in the dishwasher. 

Good luck, there are lots of choices.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • jbajorjbajor Posts: 17
    I love the igrill! Smoke on!
    ·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 259
    +1
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • Thanks...
    ·