Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How long will a brisket last in refrig?

pineypiney Posts: 623
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought a brisket Saturday have it downstairs in refrig, still in cryovac, how long will it last? I might be out of town this weekend and have to cook later. 
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,428
    What is the sell-by date? Cryo-vac'ed meat typically has a much longer window than fresh-cut meat on deli trays. I bought a chuck roast on Monday(cryo) that had a "use or freeze by" date of 10/10/12. I have seen vac'd briskets and flanks at Wegman's that have expiration dates of almost a month.

Otherwise, just stick it in the freezer and pull it in the fridge 2-3 days prior to you cook(to defrost and then allow for dry-rub set-up time prior to your cook).
  • I've gone 2 weeks. No problem.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • all depends. technically you can wet age briskets 3-4 weeks in the cryo, just need to know the kill and packing date. As long as the Cryo is intact, no leaking air into it. a week-2 shouldn't be an issue.