Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey roasting pan for large BGE

Options
bostonjosh
bostonjosh Posts: 67
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
The reigns for hosting thanksgiving have been passed from my parents to us this year. Excited! Anyway, suggestions on a turkey roasting pan? Others recommended the Cameron cookware in other posts: http://www.amazon.com/Camerons-Products-CMRW-Cameron-Cookware/dp/B0000DDT7I/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top But i def want to make sure i can fit a 20lb bird, or even a bit bigger than 20lbs, if poss. Any guess if the Oneida will fit? Http://www.oneida.com/oneida-hi-dome-roaster.html I also found the norpro krona, which looks similar to Cameron: http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-KRONA-Stainless-Steel-Roaster/dp/B000SSYY7O

Comments

• xraypat23
    Options
    hmmm....turkey roasting pan? Half sized disposable deep aluminum for me. Cook and throw away

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Options
    Disposable for me as well.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I smoke a breast and fry a whole...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If you are going to buy one, 18" is your max in a large egg.(Check That). The one link you had showed a chef's choice oval with offset handles. That is the best style for the egg but you have to make sure of the overall length. MIL gave me one a few years ago fo Christmas and it doesn't fit.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i think this one is a cameron, i would have to check this weekend, itsat camp. i dont buy birds over 18 pounds, these two were more like 16 pounders and i do 2 every tday, one in the egg and one with stuffing in the oven. i dont think you will get a 20 pounder to fit ell in that pan. the pan does fit in the adjustable rig though

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it