Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new idea spark arrestor/ temp control

Options
miscjames
miscjames Posts: 78
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Well as most of you know the LBGE I got of CI I had to rebuild.

www.eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143618/erector-set-table-and-cl-lbge-rebuilt

Well one thing I didn’t get to was the screen on the lower vent. This got me thinking. I can make one of these and use it for temp control as well. So I picked a master forge stainless steel topper at Lowes for $10 . Then I used that to make me a new spark arrestor/ temp control. 

First I cut from the row of holes past the width of the old arrestor. This gives me the most metal on that side.

Then I cut it to length.

Next I notched out the lip that I left on it and ground it all down to size on a table grinder all nice and smooth. Then I drilled two extra holes  in the front so if i want to bring the egg down real low I can.

imageimage

After I was done I still had a nice topper to cook veggies on. So It was a win win. I like this so much I am going to make one for my MBGE with the other side of the edge I cut off. Just passing this along in hopes it will help someone.

Comments