Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Now I know what all the fuss is about!

Grillin_G_MaGrillin_G_Ma Posts: 100
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just finished the first meal using the BGE. Cooking spatchcock chicken was great advice. A 5 pound chicken took 1 1/2 hours at 400 degrees. It was moist and delicious! I think my husband is sold. I am ready to try something else tomorrow.

Comments

• Congratulations on a successful cook ! If you like ribs the egg does an awesome job on them.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Perfect choice for a first cook.  The minimal air-flow in the BGE keeps it moist.  It's hard to ruin a tri-tip for another early entry in the "company menu".
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Try some turbo ribs.  Very easy cook.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Congratulations on your first cook! Try the Tandoori Chicken from the Big Green Egg Cookbook.