Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Dinner - Spatchcock Chicken

Options
Michael Palis
Michael Palis Posts: 2
edited September 2012 in Poultry
This is only my second whole chicken, even though I have had the BGE for several years.  Cooked at 375 on a raised grill for about an hour.  I used a homemade rub that I love but my wife would rather have just some salt and pepper and some garlic powder.  But, it came out very moist and tasty.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks good. Great way to cook a bird.
    Options
    Practice, practice, practice.  Your assignment next week is to coon dinner on the Egg every night.  Report due Monday.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    You should do this more often, looks good, ever notice how some folks have the thighs rolled into the breasts, like your pic, while others roll the thighs out? Rolled out takes more space, but I wonder if it cooks any different, faster, slower, etc...?
    I always roll mine out, have to try positioning in like yours. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!