Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First All Nighter Is on Its Way-Pork Butt

pileit1971pileit1971 Posts: 71
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well here we go, Game on....

First question of the night... have my stoker set at 240 temp control, how open should my daisy wheel be on top???

Here is first round of pics of prep and grill set up, I took the SUPER advice of (someone can't remember, sorry) and set up a water proof container for stoker system and have AR rig set up with indirect at the felt line with a drip pan sitting on balls of tinfoil...

Going to make sure temp stays stabilized for about an hour then meat time is 9:00 sharp...

For the newbies, this forum is AWESOME and all this specific advice came from the fine gent and ladies with SOO much more experience then me to help me get started...
IMG_0079.JPG
640 x 480 - 158K
IMG_0082.JPG
640 x 480 - 88K
IMG_0081.JPG
640 x 480 - 124K
IMG_0083.JPG
640 x 480 - 92K

Comments