Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Way Off Topic, but F22 Raptors are cool.

NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
edited September 2012 in Off Topic
The Cocoa Beach Air Show is this weekend... these guys are flying around out back today. 

I love it!

Air Show 2012Air Show 2012 Air Show 2012
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
·

Comments

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Back in my previous life I worked on these. One of those jobs I really enjoyed going to. Really cool when the test pilots would take them out and show the folks in Washington what there tax dollars are up to.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • I bet that was fun!  

I just heard that the F-18 Hornet is arriving about 1500 hours and then the BOne at 1600 hrs.  I'll try to catch a few pics with my BGE! ;)
    ·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 261
    I have a nephew who flies the F-18.  I have begged and begged and begged for a ride.... Will keep trying.....  I even offered to cook...... 

XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Kristi if that is your back yard, I want to be invited over. Very nice.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I grew up a short swim from Pensacola, Naval Air Starion (home of the blue angels.) when I was a kid, they would buzz me when I was out in my small Jon boat, fishing.

In Afghanistan, if needed, there was usually a fighter jet or two up in the exosphere. When we needed help, we sometimes would request a "show of presense" and they would drop out of the sky at what seemed like Mach 500 and scare the bejesus out of every living thing, including us. The locals were usually more "accommodating" after that.

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Have you seen the Navy version of the F35?  I have seen a video of it, and it is awesome.  I hope they don't scrap it.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • This guy just flew right over our house... so loud, so COOL! Flew right over our house! Flew right over our house!
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
    edited September 2012
    @DonWW -- A BGE meal for a ride in a F18... sounds like a reasonable trade to me!

@travisstrick -- that's hilarious! 
    :-bd
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,908
    GreenhawK said:
    Have you seen the Navy version of the F35?  I have seen a video of it, and it is awesome.  I hope they don't scrap it.
    The F-35 is the cheaper replacement to the F-22, which they've discontinued.  Probably the last manned fighter we'll make - everything new is gonna be remotely-controlled or autonomous.  Watch out for Sky-Net!

·