Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just a Happy Note

Options
gfavor
gfavor Posts: 74
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

My daughter, her husband and our granddaughter visited my wife and I this past weekend.  It was fun watching lots of college football on Saturday.  We grilled salmon on the BGE Friday night.  They loved it, said "you can't get this in a restaurant".  We had steaks Saturday on the BGE; all medium-rare. It was soooo cool cranking up that thing up to 700-degrees.  Steaks were wonderful. They gave me lots of credit. But as I reminded them, I'm not a fancy master griller/chef.  I’m just a guy that likes to see folk enjoy good food.  The BGE does all the work.  I just give it heat, slap on the meat and cross my fingers.  When they go for seconds, or smile as they eat, then my wife and I have done our jobs.  As with many of us, I’ve spent too much money on grills and smokers over the years.  But I’m glad to say that I’ve found the right one.  The BGE has been a great grill, produces awesome tasting food that makes people smile and want to come back for more :o)

Comments

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    when it's all said & done, that's what it's all about!!  We all have to eat in order to survive, but if you can make it an enjoyable family experience, then that makes it that much better!! 
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee