Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

weekend cooks with pictures

muttin
muttin Posts: 45
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
on suday i thought it would be a good day to try out some new cooks. first i baked some wheat bread, and then i cooked some beef stew. i had the dutch oven for about a year now and just havent had time to try it out but with the colder weather here in northern MN i figured some stew sounded good. i did over cook the bread a little (first time) so was a little dry but it was still really good

Comments

• Did you notice any difference between your stew on the egg, verses a burner on the stove?

I want to do chili on the egg, but instead of cooking in a dutch oven, i might just fire roast the peppers, tomato, and onion and then cook the meat on the egg.  Then simmer on the stove.

• i did tell the difference i used some cherry wood chips and did a handfull of them about 3 times thought out the cook to get a good smoke going and i could tast the smoke and i asked my wife and she said she could too not a big taste but enough to tast it

i will deffenetly be doing it again and was very easy just kept the dome temps about 350 and got a good simmer going and stayed that way though the entire cook

• That looks tasty!  The food don't look bad either!  I like your DO.  What kind is it?
    Flint, Michigan
  • I got the DO from my local egg place so i am sure it is BGE brand or something there was no writing on it or anything so not 100% sure. i know it took me a long time to use it being i had to season it and what not but now i am wondering why i waited so long