Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BBQ Competition today

smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,014
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well up here in the Great White North, we don't have Egg Fest, but there is a BBQ cook off, called BBQ on the Bypass, happening today. Sounds like about 29 competitors will be duking it out. Going to go and take in the fun today. Already thinking in my mind of doing a couple of smaller butts tomorrow. This will definitely get the juices going. Should be a good time. Have a great day everyone.
Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• Where in the Great White North?
  • West Coast, east of Vancouver.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Spend every summer on the island.  Some great smoked salmon.  Hope the cook off went well.
  •  I grew up in Victoria.
    It was busy there, everyone was running out of samples. Sure did smell good though.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • And we did have a great day for it, was really very good. About 15 minutes from my house, took longer to park than to drive there.

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 273
    West Coast, east of Vancouver.
    Far enough east, you enter some great wine making country!  BTW, spent most of my childhood summers just outside of Sidney.  Coles Bay area.
    XL and Medium BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
  • Years ago we used to shrimp off the James Island wharf. Catching shrimp into the evening and then eating them right away. Ah yea, good old times.
    Large, small, and a mini