Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings and Football

gte1
gte1 Posts: 379
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought some Habanero Death Dust rub for wings at the suggestion of someone on the fourm.  Wife out of the house, daughter at work, just me football and wings.  About as good as it gets.  The rub is great on wings.
George

Comments

• Death Dust is good. One of my recommendations for wings. Oakridge BBQ rubs are really good.
  • gte1
    I ordered the Death Dust and a sampler pack from them, so far so good.
    George
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited September 2012
    All good. I highly recommended Oakridge BBQ rubs and Simply Marvelous rubs on here a few days ago. I mentioned Death Dust is the best on wings. It is also great when you want to spice up some chicken or cheap steaks. Glad you like them. We use both companies in our comps..
  • gte1
    I guess it was your post that I got he suggestions from then. Thanks. I looked at the Simply Marvelous also, but shipping was really high. Wanted to try the cherry rub for ribs.
    George
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited September 2012
    gte1 said:
    I guess it was your post that I got he suggestions from then. Thanks. I looked at the Simply Marvelous also, but shipping was really high. Wanted to try the cherry rub for ribs.

Buy it from Big Poppa BBQ. They sell many different sauces, rubs, accessories, etc.. Free shipping over $39 which is easy to do with their store. Good prices and fast delivery. My team orders Simply Marvelous in 5 pound bags. Big Poppa sells Simply Marvelous rubs in all sizes. https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/rubs My post on my favorites. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1230088/#Comment_1230088
  • HDD is one of my personal favorites.  I love it on wings, but I've also found that I love it on lots of other things too.  If you have some HDD on hand, you MUST give it a try on the following...
    • French fries
    • Popcorn
    • Scrambled eggs / hard-boiled eggs / deviled eggs
    • Biscuits and gravy (yes, really.  This is amazing)
    • Mac & Cheese
    • Pizza
    • Ribs
    • Pork chops
    • Grilled fresh pineapple rings (just lightly dust one side only)
    • Chex mix
    The list goes on and on...

Thanks again for the business!

Mike Trump
    Owner/CEO, Oakridge BBQ LLC