Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Large BGE - can you cook 2 large pizza simultaneously?

CheeseheadIllinoisCheeseheadIllinois Posts: 55
edited September 2012 in Baking
2 pizza questions for my extended BGE family --- 1. I'd like to cook 2 good sized pizzas simultaneously on my large BGE. I've got 1 pizza stone, a 2nd grate (not sure I'm using the right term here -- it extends 3 or 4" above the primary grate), and I have the 12-16" circular Teflon-like cooking product that I use for vegetables but could use for a 2nd pizza. With this equipment, can I, and if so, how do I cook 2 good sized pizza at once? Photos would be helpful! 2. In order to attain a very crisp crust, I find that I have to cook the crust by itself for about 6 min at 500 and then remove the crust to apply toppings and then cook for another 10 min. Is there a better way?

Comments

• Drink more beer!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Ceramicgrillworks.com has the swing grate and I believe there's a video with the set-up for pizza on both grates for simultaneous cooking.  I'm not shilling his product (let's not get into that), but it does demonstrate that two pizzas can be done at the same time using whatever rig you have. 

.......................................................................................

Flint, Michigan

Where shootings and tap water are equally deadly

My fleet of eggs: XL, Small & Mini.