Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bayou Classic Lump Charcoal

gtk10583gtk10583 Posts: 77
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a bag of Bayou Classic Lump Charcoal from Town and Country Hardware.  Never used it before, but didn't want to pay the extra $$ for BGE brand.  Thought I'd give it a try.  Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this brand?  Prolly should have asked this BEFORE I bought it, but what the hey.

• I used some tonight. What came out of the bag first were big chunks that worked really well. I cooked steaks, so I'd be curious to see how it works on a slow cook. Based on my first use, I was pleased with how it did.
  • parrottheadparrotthead Posts: 38
    I picked up a bag at a farmers co-op here in town, when I poured it in my grill the first 15 or so pieces were brickets. Anyone else had this problem?