Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Stab at Meatballs

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
A change and acceptable, but would be so much better with sauce and angel hair pasta.  Struggling to keep variety going within the limits of schedule and diet restrictions.

Lean ground beef which I mixed with finely chopped onion, pepper, and garlic.  Some sea salt and pepper in there too.

Experimental skewer of Brussels Sprouts.  Normal veggie toss.

The sprouts tasted fine, but you ate them sort of like artichokes.  You sucked out the tender insides.  Interesting, but maybe chopped in the veggies is better.

Overall an adequate cook, but not special.  Heck, if I can point out "must do's", I guess I can point out "eh's".

Thanks everyone who follows my cooks.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Pics

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• I'm an expert at turning out loosers.  Did so tonight and may do so again tomorrow.  At some point attempting the same thing over and over I get it "right" and it goes on the "company menu".  If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun.  I've never done Brussels Sprouts but if someone out there has a winner, please share.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Thanks for the brussel sprout idea. 
    We've converted plenty of people with halved or quartered then sauteed in garlic and OO.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Love the brussel sprouts idea and will certainly try. I have been thinking about the meatballs for sometime. My wife is Sicilian and its almost sacreligous to change the familia recipe...but gotta try it and slip into the Sunday sauce.

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I quarter the brussel sprouts and then cook in garlic and butter in a non stick pan on the grill at about 220 degrees, turning every 10 minutes or so until tender.  Once tender, I put them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess butter.  I crank up the egg to about 450, put in one of the grilling sheets with holes in it, let the grill sheet get hot, and then spread the brussel sprouts on the grill sheet for about 10 more minutes. Watch them so they don't char too much.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    You also could par-cook them in the microwave. I do that even when sautéing on the stove. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia