Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Fall = Time for a Fattie

hartofatigerhartofatiger Posts: 196
edited September 2012 in Appetizers

I apologize for the poor plating pic with paper plate, but it was early in am and i was hurrying to take this thing to work.   Fattie on a 4:45a and smoked a little over 2 hours.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·

Comments

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Very nice. I would have it for brunch, 4:45 is EARLY.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • That looks awesome! What all is wrapped up inside the bacon?
    Athens, GA
    ·
  • Mayberry said:
    That looks awesome! What all is wrapped up inside the bacon?

Traditionally sausage, dry rub, and maybe bacon crumbles. Though you can get creative.
    Boom
    ·
  • Mickey said:
    Very nice. I would have it for brunch, 4:45 is EARLY.

I think he started cooking at 4:45, removed at 6:45, then taking to work to eat after that. Eating that at 4:45 would be early ha. Shock the body with grease :@)
    Boom
    ·
  • Mayberry said:
    That looks awesome! What all is wrapped up inside the bacon?

This was just breakfast sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno.  Check out Griffin's Grub - blog for great ideas.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·
  • You will only live to maybe 54 if you keep eating that stuff.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Well, I guess I am fat and I like the cooler temps in the fall...

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • meat73meat73 Posts: 97
    I plan on trying this sunday morning I hope the way my body hurts these days I dont make it much past 54 cool temps are making things real sore
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,830
    Pork explosion....very rich...but good with eggs and Taters
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Just made some breakfast fatties this week.  They turned out great !!!
    ·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    Ok, I'll bite....what is a fattie? Just ground up pork? I saw this made once at an egg fest in Palm Bay Fla. with DP coffee rub on it and it was great, but I never truly understood what a fattie consisted of?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·