Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fall = Time for a Fattie

hartofatigerhartofatiger Posts: 197
edited September 2012 in Appetizers

I apologize for the poor plating pic with paper plate, but it was early in am and i was hurrying to take this thing to work.   Fattie on a 4:45a and smoked a little over 2 hours.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Comments

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,897
    Very nice. I would have it for brunch, 4:45 is EARLY.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• That looks awesome! What all is wrapped up inside the bacon?
    Athens, GA
  • Mayberry said:
    That looks awesome! What all is wrapped up inside the bacon?

Traditionally sausage, dry rub, and maybe bacon crumbles. Though you can get creative.
    Boom
  • Mickey said:
    Very nice. I would have it for brunch, 4:45 is EARLY.

I think he started cooking at 4:45, removed at 6:45, then taking to work to eat after that. Eating that at 4:45 would be early ha. Shock the body with grease :@)
    Boom
  • Mayberry said:
    That looks awesome! What all is wrapped up inside the bacon?

This was just breakfast sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno.  Check out Griffin's Grub - blog for great ideas.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• You will only live to maybe 54 if you keep eating that stuff.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Well, I guess I am fat and I like the cooler temps in the fall...

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• meat73meat73 Posts: 139
    I plan on trying this sunday morning I hope the way my body hurts these days I dont make it much past 54 cool temps are making things real sore
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,221
    Pork explosion....very rich...but good with eggs and Taters
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Just made some breakfast fatties this week.  They turned out great !!!
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    Ok, I'll bite....what is a fattie? Just ground up pork? I saw this made once at an egg fest in Palm Bay Fla. with DP coffee rub on it and it was great, but I never truly understood what a fattie consisted of?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart