Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork Burnt Ends

tortaboytortaboy Posts: 29
edited September 2012 in Forum List
Smoked a couple of butts today because my son is about to go back to college, and he asked for some pulled pork burgers (Like in the Hardee's ad). In case you have not seen the ad...it features two bikini clad young women eating thick hamburgers covered with pulled pork. Judging by the waistline of the young ladies...I'm guessing they don't eat too many of the burgers they advertise. 

...butt, I digress. 

Along with my butts, I bought a pack of pork cushion to see if I could make some good pork burnt ends. I rubbed the cushion meat with SM Cherry and put it in the egg until it hit about 160. Then, I cut the meat into cubes, sauced it, and seasoned it with salt, pepper, and garlic...and back onto the smoker.

I was cooking pretty hot today (300-325), so the burnt ends took as long as the butts (About 7 hours in total).

Good tasting meat. Everyone liked them.
29.JPG
1642 x 1231 - 323K
30.JPG
1642 x 1231 - 351K
31.JPG
1642 x 1231 - 393K

Comments