Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Playing Plinko on an XL

North_Is_UpNorth_Is_Up Posts: 137
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I started to pull the vinyl BGE cover off of my XL to start a cook and I guess I pulled the cover up a little too fast. My arm was extended about two feet above the grill at this time. All of a sudden I hear the ceramic top of the XL starting to slide down the front side of the egg somewhere. Apparently, I pulled off the ceramic top while pulling up on the vinyl cover. Oh, no. Definitely sounded like Plinko as it was sliding down the front of the egg and no doubt about what was about to happen if I didn't act quickly. I had no idea exactly where the top was, but I was able to press by body against the egg and the vinyl cover that remained and that trapped the top from going down any further. I figured out where the top was trapped and was able to save it from destruction. 

OK. So just a warning. Take a few seconds to remove the vinyl cover slowly or risk playing Plinko. 
Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
Northern CA