Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hitting the sides

PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 339
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok.  I have 4 butts on my large.  They are all about 5 pounds each.  I have two on the lower grid and 2 on a raised grid.  The two on the top seem to be hitting the side of the dome when closed.  Is that a problem for air flow or anything like that?  The grid temp (lower) has been pretty steady at around 280.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• Well, you know what they say, "If you can't hit bottom, then you bang the hell out of the sides!"
    :D

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I don't think you'll have a problem as long as it doesn't hit on all sides. As long as there is some space for air to move, it should be fine. Besides, after a few hours, the butts will shrink and won't be hitting the sides anymore.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Thanks. I usually say, "You are not tight, I am big."
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.