Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stand for Mini Egg

YBYB Posts: 3,861
edited 4:22AM in EggHead Forum
small_stand.jpg
<p />This is a stand i made for our mini egg,it folds up and is easy to put in the car.I bought a folding bar stool from Target's,removed the padded seat and mounted a flange plate on the top,i got the flange plate from a mechanical contractor,it works great and is light weight,football season is right around the corner.
YB

[ul][li]Mini's new stand[/ul]
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,336
    Yard Boy,[p]You are a genius. Nice work.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    YB,[p]Just came back from a business trip yesterday and look what people (like you) are doing. The stand looks great. I may have to (must) give that a try![p]Any detailed info would be very helpful.[p]Smokey

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks,i got the idea from seeing Earl's mini stand.
    YB

·
    Smokey,
    If you live near a Target store, go look at their bar stools,this one locks in place when open and folds down flat,they had 2 sizes i got the tall one.When you remove the seat there is a recessed area the mini will set down in,if you can't find a flange plate you could put 3" carriage bolts about 4 or 5" apart in a circle around mini.

·
    YB,[p]Are the bolts to hold the mini in the stool? Doesn't the tapper of the egg work for that? I'll look today![p]Thanks[p]Smokey

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    YB, Thats fantastic...your my kinda tinker'er!! Now there will be a phenomenal sales rush at the stores..!! Thanks for the ideas..
    Char-Woody

·
    Smokey,
    It will work without the bolts,i just went and looked at mine.
    YB

·
    Char-Woody,
    Maybe i should go and buy all the stools at Target and sell them on the forum.
    YB

·
    YB,[p]Very cool! I think I get one today![p]Smokey

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    YB, now I know who got all those cheap Polders...your fast!!
    :-)

·
  • Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    YB,
    Great setup! ...and speaking of football season...all the advice I can give you and even though u seem to have a secure structure there...BE CAREFUL as u roll it around, or u will be spending a good portion of your free time repairing humpty. Trust me on that one :)
    ST

·