Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Haven't had boneless chicken in awhile...

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
No big photo essay here, just the normal veggies and some boneless chicken breasts done at 400 on a raised grid.

EVOO and Grillmates Applewood rub.

Simple workday cook.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    looks good Doc those are my oldest sons favorite off the egg 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Good looking chicken. We've been doing quite a bit of breasts lately as well (health reasons). Like the look of your veggies.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Doc,

Another great job.  Quick question. I do almost exclusively thighs and legs with an occasionally Beer Can full chicken.  Did you just rub and go or did you do any injections on these?

Looks great.  The BGE even make a simple workday cook and amazing night
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    Doc,

Another great job.  Quick question. I do almost exclusively thighs and legs with an occasionally Beer Can full chicken.  Did you just rub and go or did you do any injections on these?

Looks great.  The BGE even make a simple workday cook and amazing night
    These were done with a rub.  We more often marinate.  I don't ever do injecting.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• I know boneless chicken breast are not very popular in the bbq world but its what I like the best. I do them a lot. They are also better for you.
  • Going to have to make something to raise my grill.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I used to make chicken poillards (sp?) in the kitchen a lot:  Pound the breasts between moistened sheets of wax paper or cellophane until 1/4" thick, sprinkle with seasonings (I used salt, lemon pepper and a tiny bit of cumin) and then fry in butter in a large frypan (one will fill the pan if pounded out thin enough).  They cook extremely quickly, keep an eye on them.
    I haven't tried this on my Egg yet, added to the "to-do" list!  
    :-c

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure