Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Skin on pork shoulder?

Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 920
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,
I've done three shoulders with some skin on and one where I removed it first. I always want to end up with crispy, crunchy delicious cracklin', but what I actually get is leathery, charred, greasy-ness. Do you guys remove the skin before throwing your shoulders onto the Egg, or do you cover it at some point to protect it? I'm happy to remove it, but if there's a way have my skin and eat it too I'd be stoked.

Thanks all -
B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
·

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    I fall into the skin removal group, as I prefer bark over crispy cracklins. But thats only cause I never figured out how to make skin tasty.
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 843
    This stuff is fattening enough. I forgo cracklin's. I do save the skin for beans, though. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·