Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork loin

Simply_SmokinSimply_Smokin Posts: 20
edited September 2012 in Pork

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend. Quick question, I'm going to smoke a bacon wrapped stuffed pork loin tomorrow and the recipe i have does not say how long it will take to cook. It says to cook at 325-350 until pork gets to 155 degrees. Anyone have a guess on how long it will take?

Thanks.

·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,635

I cheat on the below recipe all the time but the cook time is quite good-

http://www.bubbatim.com/Pork_Cooks.php enjoy the journey!

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • My last two pork loins took about 1-1.5 hours at 350.

Did one last night at 225 and it took about 2 hours to get to 150 internal.

Hope it helps

XLBGE 
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    @lousubcap that recipe looks good i'll have to try it 

@simply_smokin i wouldn't go any higher than 145 internal temp the 137 sounds better while resting it'll go higher 

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·

• bigphil said:
    @lousubcap that recipe looks good i'll have to try it 

@simply_smokin i wouldn't go any higher than 145 internal temp the 137 sounds better while resting it'll go higher 

+1.  Mine are dry at 160.
    ·