Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's the best method for wet baby back ribs?

jojobugayjojobugay Posts: 7
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking for recommendation on the best method for wet baby back ribs. I've done dry ribs with 225 dome temp for 5 hours indirect. Looking to try wet ribs tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,902
    edited September 2012
    Not to over-simplify things...but you could do it the same way and then just slap on some sauce for 20-30 minutes at the end of the cook ;)

If you are looking for more moisture you could try something like this method:

It turns out great results, but just be careful not to overdo the foil stage.  IMO, 90 minutes at 275 is pushing it...I do more like 60-75 min at 275ish.  I thought it looked a little on the sweet side for my taste, so I don't use as much honey and brown sugar and I finish with a sauce that is not too sweet like Stubbs. 

Note that some refer to the foil stage as the "Texas crutch".  I've done St Louis style with no foil and they turned out great...so my next BB cook I am going to try sans foil:
    Rub em, smoke em til their done, slap on sauce. 

Good luck!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,715
    +1 with SmokeyPitt's suggestion about sauce during the home stretch...
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 519
    edited September 2012
    here is car wash mikes recipe. He was a legend here with his ribs. Ive made them several time and love them.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2002/06/baby-back-rib-class.html

One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Foiled for the 4th hour w/ butter, brown sugar, and a lil honey. Then unfoiled and sauced the last hour. Turned out great. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos