Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Good Cookbook Surprise

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited 10:28AM in EggHead Forum
Really two surprises. First, in hardcover, Bon Appetit 2000 has a large number of recipes geared towards outdoor cooking/grilling that would adapt nicely on our Egg. Makes me hungry just to sit and flip through that book anyway. I've made many dishes from past Bon Appetit annuals and never been disappointed yet. Then I had to smile when I opened this month's regular Bon Appetit and saw on the cover "BARBECUE." The whole issue is dedicated to outdoor delights (once you get past the Weber grill ads). Some good reading!

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,925
    Okay! When are you going to start trying all of the receipts in BA? Let me know and I'll be on a plane for a visit. Hope all is well and you are not working too hard.[p]Carey

• JimWJimW Posts: 450
    I have been extracting good looking recipes from BA into Mastercook since 1977, well over 2,000. Many of the roast and grill dishes work well if you substitute "Preheat the BGE to..." for "Preheat the oven to...".

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    JimW, you nailed that one down with a sledge hammer..I agree! The internet is a endless supply of varieties..its the technique applied that is the subtle mystery!