Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

brisket progress

tjvtjv Posts: 3,274
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Couple days ago, I mentioned to my Cypress TX buddy, Chubby, that I'm smoking a brisket this weekend.  When I told him the rub - equal parts of coarse black pepper, minced garlic and kosher salt, he said: "Oh goin' hill country old school".  The Chubster knows food and the Central Texas Germans know brisket, so made for a sound plan.........Two presmoke additions were a little spritz of Worcestershire prior to the rub and injected with Better Than Bouillon beef broth.....

Checked on it this morning, approximately 9 hour mark.  Nice bark developing and internal temp is 150ish.  The brisket topside is starting to give up some juices, so the plateau is beginning.  I'm itching to have this baby for an early afternoon lunch with a heaping pile of slaw or German tater salad.......

Smoking in the XL up in the dome.

t
www.ceramicgrillstore.com
ACGP, Inc.

Comments