Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some help!!!

Options
mjs2171
mjs2171 Posts: 26
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just woke up from having 2 butts in the egg to find my temp had dropped to 190.  I had the egg at a solid 250 for like an hour and half before I went t bed around 1:00 and woke up at 5:30.  I have the temp back up to 250 and everything is going smooth now.  Are my pork butts ruined?

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options
    No way! That happens sometimes. Your fire just got clogged up or something. No big deal.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • mjs2171
    Options
    Thanks travisstrick!!  You always have good answers for a newbie like myself.  It does smell awesome...
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    As long as the egg doesn't drop below 140 for more than a couple of hours you are fine.   190 is perfectly safe.  Carry on!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,353
    Options
    All good-and with the two butts, monitor the smaller one (if you can only watch one) and recognize that they can finish a few hours apart in time.  If bone-in then when you can extract the bone with no resistance, you are finished.  Enjoy the end- results.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.