Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Table measurement question?

miscjamesmiscjames Posts: 78
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have seen several table designs with the egg base sticking out above the table and some where it is almost even with the table I am wondering what has worked best for you.

Also can you proved me with measurements you used:

I need to know the distance from the top of the flagstone, bricks, slate ect to the top of the table.

I need to know this for a large with a spring hinge and a medium with a spring hinge.

If any of you table builders can proved me with this I would certainly appreciate it. Pictures would be awesome as well. 

Comments

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 812
    I started from the ground up. I decided on how tall of a tub I wanted under the table. With the lower shelf figured, I decided how high I wanted the table top and that should decide everything except length and width. Here is a thread from my build. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138376/im-done-cooking-on-my-bge#latest

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,291
    Not sure I understood what you are asking, but if the base of the egg (the felt line) is flush with the table top you need allowance for the hinge, it (the hinge on a medium) will be below the base felt line by 4 inches (would be more or less depending on the size of the egg). This involves a more difficult cut out. If you build so the felt line is 4 inches above the table top, the cut out can be an 18" circle, much easier to complete.
    Can't speak for the large, but for a medium distance from the bottom of the egg (top of the paver) to the bottom of an opened hinge is 12 1/2" and 16 1/2 inches to the felt line. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.