Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

HELP---Table hole is to small

pileit1971pileit1971 Posts: 71
edited August 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Well I was on a trip when my table was delivered from a local contractor so I wasn't here.  I got home last night and was very excited until I saw the size of the hole he cut was only 19" diameter, and all the plans I gave him to reference have 21" diameter... GRRRRRRRRRRRR

So for the table experts and BGE experts, I have a 19" hole, and have not tried putting the egg in yet, I have a paver on the bottom and I am also going to be using the table nest that will raise the egg up higher then I would have originally planned, just curious thoughts on a solution, short of having him have to rebuild the top...

For the woodworkers, how easy is it to cut the hole larger???

For the engineers, with egg sitting up higher does the diameter get small enough to fit? 

And even if it does fit just barely, how much space should there be to avoid burning the table to the ground and for airflow?

Again I apologize for all the newbie questions, I am SO Mad, I was excited to fire this wonderful BGE up this weekend for pizza and ribs..

Thank you!!

Comments