Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

two sinks full of corn

Options
smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday a buddy texted me to see if I wanted some free corn. Well yea of course I do. Went to the field, totally un-prepared. Had sandals, shorts and a couple of grocery bags. Farmer had already taken off his crop. Went into the field and started picking. Filled up the bags a few times and then headed home. My wife and I started the process, I shucked, she blanched the cobs. Then she cut kernels of the cob and I bagged it. So now we have a good supply of corn for the next while. We missed supper time, so half way through the small egg was brought to life, corn wrapped in AF and on the grill at 350. Still had a another batch of corn to do, so threw on some farmer sausage and we had some left over beans from our last rib cook. Quick meal, but the egg helped us out once more. I want to try grilling the corn with the husk on, anyone have a method for that??
Enjoy the day.
Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    For husk on few diff ways. Most recently I pull back and remove silk, rub with a little butter and or some dry rub the pull husk back up and cook
    Boom
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    its as simple as getting the egg hot, opening it, and putting the corn with husks on
    :Dthats all i do, the husk and silk come off easy once its cooked
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    I cut the silk off the ends and any loose leaves so they don't burn then soak in water for a little bit and then throw them on the egg.  When done the rest of the silk will come off easy when shucking.
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options
    A while back i took some fresh ears of corn, peeled and shucked, wrapped them in bacon, then aluminum foil and threw on the egg.  They were great.  did not need butter.  Bacon does make everything better!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    To add to yellow dog, I forgot about the soak. Not required but I will usually do for 15-30 mins. Minimizes the burn as I cook direct. If doing raised direct may not be as important
    Boom
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm w yellow dog only that after bringing it off the egg and shucking, I'll coat with EVOO then lightly cover w. my favorite homemade or store bought rub.  Then it goes back on just to finish and get some light char on the kernels.  Man, I wish we had our Eggs when we lived in Nebraska.  Corn is amazing on the Egg.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95