Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

WOK Recipes for Eggfest

bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 821
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking at a Eggfest here in MN and I'm looking for suggestions. I'm doing chicken/ shrimp fried rice but I'm looking for other dishes that can be done at an Eggfest. Any suggestions?

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    BG,

At Salado, I made pork dumplings and shrimp dumplings with dipping sauce, and also crab rangoon with sweet and sour sauce.  I also made peppersteak.  All went over really well.  If you want to do some of those, I'll be glad to share the recipe(s).

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 821
    BG,

At Salado, I made pork dumplings and shrimp dumplings with dipping sauce, and also crab rangoon with sweet and sour sauce.  I also made peppersteak.  All went over really well.  If you want to do some of those, I'll be glad to share the recipe(s).
    Any help would be great. The Eggfest is Sept 15th so I still have some time to practice. Thank You.

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    edited August 2012
    BG, for the pork dumplings, I pretty much went by the following video.  Click here.
    For the dipping sauce, I used my own recipe.  I had bought a pint from my favorite Asian Fusion restaurant and reverse engineered it.  The dumplings and crab rangoon can be done ahead of time and frozen, and the sauces can also be made ahead of time.  That way, there's very little you have to do at the fest.

Dipping Sauce
    •  2 teaspoons Soy Sauce, not low sodium
    • 1/2 teaspoon Chili oil
    •  teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
    • 1/4 teaspoon Lime juice
    • -----For larger quantity ---
    • 8 parts Soy Sauce
    • 2 parts Chili oil
    • parts Balsamic Vinegar
    • part Lime juice

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country