Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack shipping question?

Black_Hills_egger
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
How long did it all take for you guys to get your swing rack from ceramic grill works? I ordered one for my roommate for her large big green egg for her birthday and am curious when I will be expecting it. They money was withdrawn from my account so im assuming that its shipped already but I didnt get a shipping confirmation so I am curious if any of you have any more information

thank you,
Brittany

Comments

• I know that the money is pulled from account when it is ordered, not when it is shipped.  Also when it was shipped I did receive an email confirmation with number.  Lastly Franco is great to work with, give him a call and see when your expected shipping time is.  I know that after the 10K thread he sold out and was having more fabricated.  Good luck, it is worth the wait, I have loved using mine!
  • Same here as well. Ordered, credit card charged, and waiting.....
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Ordered, credit card charged, swing rack in XL on the deck :D
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Try calling Franco. Picking up the phone will answer questions. He's always eager to help. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Duganboy said:
    Ordered, credit card charged, swing rack in XL on the deck :D
    Now now, let's not brag!!  :D
  • Thanks, my next move. Didn't mean to offend anyone, just curious if anyone knew how long the wait is.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Hi all,

I know the waiting game is hard to do, I for one am not a very patient person and to make matters worse paying for it in advance and waiting just makes it that much worse.  Believe me I want all of you that have ordered a swing rack to get one shipped out ASAP. 

I'm at the mercy of the local machine shop we're dealing with and our order is in line.  I'm hoping to have more news or hopefully product in 2-3 wks.  I'm calling as often as I can without making a pest of myself.  I will share all the news I get with all of you via this forum or by replying to your email order.  Of course you can always contact me and I can update you over the phone.

Again please bear with us, we are doing all we can to get this item to you.  This forum and the few threads that have been posted have really been a blessing and a curse....135 orders.  As this item grows in popularity we need to address our stocking issue which we have so hang in there folks please.

Thank you

Franco
    CGW
    1-877-714-7455
    412-551-1109 Mobile
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    CGW1 said:
    Hi all,

I know the waiting game is hard to do, I for one am not a very patient person and to make matters worse paying for it in advance and waiting just makes it that much worse.  Believe me I want all of you that have ordered a swing rack to get one shipped out ASAP. 

I'm at the mercy of the local machine shop we're dealing with and our order is in line.  I'm hoping to have more news or hopefully product in 2-3 wks.  I'm calling as often as I can without making a pest of myself.  I will share all the news I get with all of you via this forum or by replying to your email order.  Of course you can always contact me and I can update you over the phone.

Again please bear with us, we are doing all we can to get this item to you.  This forum and the few threads that have been posted have really been a blessing and a curse....135 orders.  As this item grows in popularity we need to address our stocking issue which we have so hang in there folks please.

Thank you

Franco
    CGW
    1-877-714-7455
    412-551-1109 Mobile
    Don't worry about it Franco.  We're good!!! :-h
  • Thanks Franco for the update and contact info!! =D>
  • thanks for the update!
  • Awesome customer service!!
  • CGW1
    Thank you all very much, really appreciate it.
  • Most companies charge you right before or after they ship it. That is the honest way to handle business. Taking people's money and making them wait indefinitely is not right. Tom at ceramicgrillstore.com would never handle business like that.
  • It's a small shop with a good reputation offering a niche product. I'm ok with it. I ordered a custom handle for my egg and pre-paid.
  • CGW1
    Everyone that ordered one WILL get one. I'm not here to swindle anyone out of there hard earned cash. Should you grow tired of waiting, let me know and you will be refunded. Salty, I take offense to your comment!!!!
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Salty is certainly salty this evening.  I understand what he says and he's is correct for most (BIG) companies.  CGW is (I suspect) small, very small run by people that have "real jobs".  They do as well as they can with what they have and respond in this venue to every comment and question.  Tom does a great job and I have his products as well.  They are all real "grill-men" who love the lump.  Order a grill from Home Depot and you won't be charged until it's shipped.  Then try to find help with it.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • I don't see any reason for getting nasty to Franco.  He is manufacturing a product with sub-contracted labor.  Sometimes that takes a while as anyone who has built a house with subs can attest to.  EVERYONE who has received his product from past production runs have posted very positively.  I don't have one, but the fix is in for Santa to load one for me onto his sleigh.  Perhaps sooner if I can convince my proad-to-be-a-cheapskate wife to make it happen. 

Why has there been a rash of chippy behavior on this forum lately? 

Most companies charge you right before or after they ship it. That is the honest way to handle business. Taking people's money and making them wait indefinitely is not right. Tom at ceramicgrillstore.com would never handle business like that.

Flint, Michigan
  • Franco, I could careless if that offended you. You shouldn't take people's money until you have product. You light heartedly complain you have a ton of orders without the material to make them, but you are the one peddling your wares everyday on various BBQ message boards. When you go to your site to order one, no where does it indicate that you will be charged immediately and you have no definite idea when they will get their order. You should tell people that before they order it.
  •  

Franco, I could careless if that offended you. You shouldn't take people's money until you have product. You light heartedly complain you have a ton of orders without the material to make them, but you are the one peddling your wares everyday on various BBQ message boards. When you go to your site to order one, no where does it indicate that you will be charged immediately and you have no definite idea when they will get their order. You should tell people that before they order it.
    You already said that.  Either put the booze down or step away from the keyboard.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Franco, I could careless if that offended you. You shouldn't take people's money until you have product. You light heartedly complain you have a ton of orders without the material to make them, but you are the one peddling your wares everyday on various BBQ message boards. When you go to your site to order one, no where does it indicate that you will be charged immediately and you have no definite idea when they will get their order. You should tell people that before they order it.

Quite simply, if you don't like it, don't buy it and walk away.  I'm not sure why people need to denegrate someone else's product.  You like the adjustable rig.  Great.  Does that mean you have to hate the swing rack? This isn't like the Yankees vs the redSox and you have to take sides.

I bought it, didn't mind the wait and I'm very happy with my purchase and the communication.  Being charged upfront before shipping is not out of the ordinary.  Back in the day you paid right away and then waited "6-8 weeks for shipping and handling".

Franco, I hope you ignore these types of posts.  They are flat our ridiculous.  I know it's human nature to do otherwise, but please don't let the odd poster outweigh all the great responses you have had on this board.
  •  

Franco, I could careless if that offended you. You shouldn't take people's money until you have product. You light heartedly complain you have a ton of orders without the material to make them, but you are the one peddling your wares everyday on various BBQ message boards. When you go to your site to order one, no where does it indicate that you will be charged immediately and you have no definite idea when they will get their order. You should tell people that before they order it.
    You already said that.  Either put the booze down or step away from the keyboard.

Yawn.
  • Daveh1976 said:

Quite simply, if you don't like it, don't buy it and walk away.  I'm not sure why people need to denegrate someone else's product.  You like the adjustable rig.  Great.  Does that mean you have to hate the swing rack? This isn't like the Yankees vs the redSox and you have to take sides.

I bought it, didn't mind the wait and I'm very happy with my purchase and the communication.  Being charged upfront before shipping is not out of the ordinary.  Back in the day you paid right away and then waited "6-8 weeks for shipping and handling".

Truth be known, I would order one if I thought Franco was honest with the buyer from the start on his website which he isn't. I think the 2 tier concept would compliment the adj rig.
  • chill243
    chill243 Posts: 131

I agree with Salty

you shouldn't pay for something which has not been shipped, JMHO

• jedawa
    jedawa Posts: 24
    edited August 2012
    Trolls aside, it's a great product. I prefer instant gratification, but will wait to do business with small American company using American labor and American materials, run buy a good guy with great customer service. You can always not order it or get refund from Franco.
    XL Big Green Egg, adjustable rig combo, Woo2, CyberQ, plate setter, Weber Genesis
  • Franco were good. When ya get it, ship it. It didn't break the bank. I egg now and will be egging when it comes in. No worries from one of your customers. Enjoy your week!
  • CGW1
    Other options to consider would be to contact me directly or my business partner Joe, we'll take your information, credit card included and charge you when the product ships, providing your comfortable with us retaining your info. This way your not out any money and your charged when the rack ships. I'm not here to rip any of you off. Thank you to everyone that has come to my "defense".
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    jedawa said:

Trolls aside.

:))
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • How long did it all take for you guys to get your swing rack from ceramic grill works? I ordered one for my roommate for her large big green egg for her birthday and am curious when I will be expecting it. They money was withdrawn from my account so im assuming that its shipped already but I didnt get a shipping confirmation so I am curious if any of you have any more information

thank you,
    Brittany

Call CGW and ask. Geez.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX