Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

AR Question/Help

friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Alright, I need some help/opinions on using my adjustable rig this weekend in a cookoff.

I'm going to have 3 briskets cooking, one on the lower level and 2 on the upper level hopefully, maybe just 1 on lower and 1 upper.  Either way that doesn't matter a whole lot. I'll have 3 eggs total going but need to do 1 egg with 2 briskets.

My issue is I'm cooking 1 Prime Brisket (Hope to be my turn in meat) and 2 choice briskets thats more for the public feed.  My question is do I do the Prime Brisket on the lower level closer to the indirect stone or the upper level closer to the dome?  I want the prime one to be in the best possible position.

Opinions?

TIA

·

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 988
    Stike would know!  What size BGE are you using?  All three would be fine on the main grate on an XL.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    If possible I would do the competition brisket in its own egg, and the two for the general public in one egg using the AR. 
    ·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    MikeP624 said:
    If possible I would do the competition brisket in its own egg, and the two for the general public in one egg using the AR. 

Unfortunately I don't really have that option.  I have 3 large's, but with my "egg management" I've gotta do 2 on one of them. Now you have me thinking how I can re-arrange to try and do the good brisket by itself.
    ·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    My main concern is what is the difference in temp from the lower grid closer to the stone and the raised grid which is further away from the stone.
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Rotate midway through?
    ·
  • Rotate midway through?

+1 best of both worlds
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·