Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Newbie going for it!!

HashmakerHashmaker Posts: 149
edited August 2012 in Pork
Just recently bought a LBGE and built my own table. I have done a few butts and briskets that have turned out well. My daughter has encouraged me to enter a BBQ contest. I have never done anything like this before. I am using my Egg for the competition. I have a good rub and decent home made sauce. Is there anyone out there that could give me some advice on competitive BBQ cooking? Tips or tricks that can save me time or money? The SCBA will be providing the butts for everyone. Can a LBGE cook more than 2?
·

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    Dive in! You'll never know until you try. Yes, the large can cook more than 2 butts.
    ·
  • You can do 3 easily with the standard setup. You can do even more if you get an adjustable rig from Tom at Ceramic Grill Store or a swing rack from Franco at Ceramic Grill
    Works. By all accounts, both stand up guys and both great add ons to your egg.

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Good luck.  I've done four 9 - 10 pounders on a large all on the grate. 
  • HashmakerHashmaker Posts: 149
    Thanks for the info. I hope I do well!!
    ·
  • steeevinsteeevin Posts: 23
    Good luck, Hashmaker!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,655
    Best of luck and have fun!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·