Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Does anyone stuff their butt?

BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
More specifically pork picnic. I'm guilty of only doing the mustard, rub, and smoke on a butt. My mom wants to try her first picnic shoulder in the egg and was asking me the ins and outs of my adventures. She told me she wants to stuff her shoulder with garlic cloves before she rubs and smokes. (it's going to be a modified crock pot recipe) She is planning on doing this next weekend.

I would like to hear about what others have done vs the tried and true butt cook.
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    only rub my butt . but mom and butt should never be mentioned in the same sentence lol 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,932
    @Brownie-outside the lines with that intro-I'm seeking shelter in the basement :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    ive done this a few times and its pretty good, use even more garlic

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/75109/x/p1

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    I figured with all that @MrCookingNurse fun I could join in too!
    ·
    ive done this a few times and its pretty good, use even more garlic

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/75109/x/p1

Very Cool. Thanks for the info! 2004 wow.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,932
    If you need the Kentucky jelly then you may need a permit:)
    Louisville
    ·

bigphil said:
    only rub my butt . but mom and butt should never be mentioned in the same sentence lol 

lousubcap said:
    PUKE! :-&  Double puke.
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Brownie said:

bigphil said:

lousubcap said:

=)) =)) =)) =))  gotta love this forum to funny 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    I only stuff my Wife's butt!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Brownie said:

bigphil said:

lousubcap said:

You lost us when you said you were asking for your mom!

But if anything serious can come from this, haven't had much luck lately.... My father in law stuffs his pork with garlic cloves and stuff. Just cuts slits and slots and shoves in the cloves ad spices. Always turns out great.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Just cruising thru. Had to see how this topic and discussion was going.
    ·

Just cruising thru. Had to see how this topic and discussion was going.
    @Coastal_zman ; Well?... What are your observations?
    ·
  • I will never call it anything other than Kentucky Jelly ever again.

Brownie- check out the crazy drunk brisket cook thread. My buddy did a butt stuffed with Garlic and serano peppers. It was freaking awesome. @lakewade was there too. That was the Infamous watermelon toss afternoon. Good times

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Thats illegal in several states...

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • Sounds sacreligious to me.  You could be hung in North Carolina for trying something like that. Why tinker with something thats pretty much perfect.  Try adding some garlic to your rub if you feel it needs it. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
    @The_Cen-Tex_Smoker   I found a reference to the so called  "Garlic S-Bomb". Was there anything else to the butt you praised? or is it just garlic and serrano peppers?
    ·
  • Brownie said:
    @The_Cen-Tex_Smoker   I found a reference to the so called  "Garlic S-Bomb". Was there anything else to the butt you praised? or is it just garlic and serrano peppers?

just rub on the outside, garlic, and serranos on the inside. It was really good

·