Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Confidence is high.

eggteetheggteeth Posts: 52
edited August 2012 in Pork
Thank you to you kind folks on this board.  After reading many of your pork related posts, I took another run at a 5.5 lb. pork shoulder.  Rubbed with dizzy dust and went straight at it (no brine, injection, wrap, anything).  on at 8:00, hit 200 degrees at 4:00, I didn't open the egg once.  Wrapped and in a color.  I used two forks to take it off, and it felt like the butter I've read many of you discussing.  I'm feeling really good about it.  

Thanks for the insightful posts to help a rookie out.

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,631
    Awesome. Congrats and I'm sure it will be amazing.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    eggteeth said:
     I didn't open the egg once.

That's a pretty big deal right there. Opening the Egg(or any cooker) can add to cook time and contribute to drying out whats being cooked.

Glad it worked out well for you.