Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Metal top stuck to egg

SixHoToGoSixHoToGo Posts: 1
edited August 2012 in Using the Egg
I got in the habit of keeping the metal top on the Egg, and now I can't lift it off by hand.  I'd like to take it off, particularly when I'm trying to get the temp way up for steaks, but I've been reluctant to try to force it for fear of hurting the top of my Egg.  Has anyone had this happen?  How can I get it off without hurting the Egg?  Thanks!

Comments

• I got it off myself today. In case this happens to anyone else, I just lifted up the top of the egg and pushed it off from the inside. I was careful to push the main part of the top, which is slightly exposed from the inside hole, and not the wheel.
  • Mine did the same, I just tapped the side of the top of the daisy wheel sharply, and it popped loose.

Also the daisy wheel seems to stick in place on mine after hours of low and slow.  Same thing, just tap it, and it comes loose.  I have thouhgt about coating it with wd40 but the idea scares me, don't want meat to have the taste of the wd40 smell.

Tex