Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New gasket install

AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I decided today that I was going to install the High Que nomex gasket that's been sitting on the shelf for a few months now. Cleaning the old one off was the hardest part. I used a razor scraper and then hit the rims with a 3M disc in a die grinder. Plenty of Acetone to get it all clean. The new gasket goes on very easy. It has adhesive already on it, and no need to pre-shrink it if you apply it correctly(that's what High Que says anyway).

Couple pics of the OEM gasket:

I decided to remove the Egg from the table to make it easier to install the new gasket. And, I needed to install an additional support directly under the Egg. Some of the shelf boards were bending a bit under the weight.

A shot of the top all cleaned and ready to go:

A gratuitous shot of a new saw recently purchased to replace a 25yr old Craftsman miter saw:

And the new gasket all in place:

And....the mail woman dropped off a package from Amazon while I was working on the Egg. A new Lodge 7qt Dutch Oven and a new cover for Egg & Table:

DSCN1625.JPG
640 x 480 - 149K
DSCN1626.JPG
640 x 480 - 112K
DSCN1630.JPG
640 x 480 - 121K
DSCN1635.JPG
640 x 480 - 143K
DSCN1636.JPG
640 x 480 - 148K
DSCN1637.JPG
640 x 480 - 91K