I decided today that I was going to install the High Que nomex gasket that's been sitting on the shelf for a few months now. Cleaning the old one off was the hardest part. I used a razor scraper and then hit the rims with a 3M disc in a die grinder. Plenty of Acetone to get it all clean. The new gasket goes on very easy. It has adhesive already on it, and no need to pre-shrink it if you apply it correctly(that's what High Que says anyway).
Couple pics of the OEM gasket:
I decided to remove the Egg from the table to make it easier to install the new gasket. And, I needed to install an additional support directly under the Egg. Some of the shelf boards were bending a bit under the weight.
A shot of the top all cleaned and ready to go:
A gratuitous shot of a new saw recently purchased to replace a 25yr old Craftsman miter saw:
And the new gasket all in place:
And....the mail woman dropped off a package from Amazon while I was working on the Egg. A new Lodge 7qt Dutch Oven and a new cover for Egg & Table: