Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Big Green Egg Owners

2»

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Everything posted here is correct imho except royal oak sucks...BGE lump is expensive but I get more cooks per load. The one unforgivable thing not mentioned...stop what ever the hell you're doing and order a mangrate...

Also, don't ever dis anyone's favorite lump...them's fighting words.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,403
    Lol
    ·
  • JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 245
    1. Get a pair of welders gloves to move hot equipment around. Better than mitts. 2. Dizzy Pig rubs. 3. Spatchcock. Learn to say it without snickering. 4. Spend a lot of time on this forum and the websites mentioned within. 5. Find a way to increase your fun $budget. You will will need it for more alcohol, grill toys, and better cuts of meat. 6. Listen to the guys who posted above. They've been at it longer than I have.
    Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
    ·
  • Here is my QuickStart guide I wrote, but I think pretty much everything has been covered in above posts:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1161232/bge-newbie-quickstart-guide#latest

And for recipes, you could go through @griffin blog and have new stuff to try for a year!
    http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/recipes-2/
    Chicago, Illinois
    ·
  • Henny and those damn mangrates
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • AcornAcorn Posts: 157
    Good thermometer to measure internal temp........no watch. These people are so helpful as you can see....
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
    ·
  • Check out BigGreenCraig.com for how-tos and recipes. 

·
  • Miked125Miked125 Posts: 270
    Just got mine too, currently building a table so I haven't used it yet. I have used weber smokers and grills for a while, so I hope the learning curve is somewhat shorter.
    ·
  • Check out BigGreenCraig.com for how-tos and recipes. 
    I agree!!!! That blog is awesome and has great pictures to.

·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,287
    I've become a big fan of the Smokeware SS Chimney Cap. I'd add it to your list of eggcessories.

Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·