Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sweaty Egg

JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well, after my last brisket cook, I used two large drip pans filled with water to assist in keeping the brisket moist. I was gone a week on vacation, and tonight is my first night back to egging.

Got the egg up to 700 for a steak cook, and now my egg is sweating all the water in the ceramic. Now I have this nasty brown crust all over the dome. How in the world do I clean this now??

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jason

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i wipe it with a wet/damp cloth while hot
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    stike said:

i wipe it with a wet/damp cloth while hot

Pay attention kids - this is why Stike gets paid the big bucks around here!

Worked like a charm. Thanks buddy.

Jason
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 294
    I had that happen once. Mine dried to white stains - I called them sweat stains.  ;)
  • 500500 Posts: 1,790
    Happened to me once also.  I think I used Windex, when it cooled off.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."