Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Band Adjustment

BamapeteyBamapetey Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

The other day I started the egg and started preparing food. About 20 minutes later I thought "oh crap!!" When I got to the egg it was on 200. I thought the flame may have went out. After noticing a smell and trying to pick the lid up I realized the smell was the gasket cooking. Once I opened it and it was cherry red I realized the reason I was on 200 degrees was because the thermometer made a full circle back to 200. So I was sitting well over 1000 degrees.

I started noticing the hinges are now hitting on my table. I assume it got so hot it expanded my band and now it needs some adjusting. What is the best way to tighten this. Do I have to go back and put the "white clips" back on to do this or should it be pretty simple? I just don't want to screw it up beyond repair. Do they need to be loosened and slid up or down and retightened?

Comments