Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday gourmet pizza night, Saturday pulled beef (photo heavy)

Options
Budgeezer
Budgeezer Posts: 669
edited August 2012 in Beef

I wanted to try some different pizza this weekend so I looked @ a few of the gourmet pizza shops menus and picked a few that sounded good.

1st pizza pecorino Romano, Guaciale, leeks, once pizza sets add a couple of egg, when done pierce eggs and distribute around pizza

2nd pizza salsa as sauce, Mexican blend cheese, chorizo sausage, pickled jalapenos

3rd pizza caramelized onion as the sauce, mozzarella, Andouille sausage, sun dried tomatoes

4th pizza whatever was left over

Saturday went ahead and did ClayQ’s pulled beef: http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesPulledBeef.html

Egg @ 250 dome temp

Chuck roast covered in bacon then smoked to 160 IT

Remove from egg, placed bacon in bottom of cast iron dutch oven with peanut oil, place roast on bacon and add 1/3 cup maple syrup and 2/3 cup water cover and back on the egg until IT of 215

Remove from egg and pull, add back to dutch oven with the bacon chopped, add more hickory and cook for additional 90 minutes.

I also wanted some abt’s so I grabbed a grill from a smokey joe and used as a raised grid on top of the pulled beef

Fun weekend with the egg

Edina, MN

Comments