Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

small welder's gloves?

krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
The welder's gloves I got from GS are huge. I can'tarticulate with them on.I have small female hands and these barely stay on. I know most welders are men but some women also weld. Are there smaller ones avail or other options for protection from the heat?
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA
·

Comments

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,007

One reason you want a larger glove is if you do pick up something hot and the temp gets to your skin, you want to take the gloves off and let them cool. When you do that, you shake your arms downward and the gloves fall off without grabbing them with your other hand. If the glove is very hot and you have to grab the glove, you may cause a burn doing so. I use TIG gloves and metal hooks to handle what I need.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • thank you! I think I'll look into a diff option than the ones I have
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Sally's Welding Supply? lol

How about small hand gloves like these ones

http://store.cyberweld.com/tishablwegl.html
    ·
  • a great option-thanks!
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    I use some PVC "Best" brand gloves that I got at Grainger.  They are large, but my wife can use them.

I like them better than leather because grease from food doesn't soak into them.

Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·