Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Driftwood handle

BBQBeermanBBQBeerman Posts: 62
edited August 2012 in Forum Feedback
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Found a piece of drift wood on the beach thought it would make a cool handle for the egg had some leftover stain from another project and added a couple coats of clear drilled a inset the screws
Life is short,love what you do or do something else
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    thats pretty cool looking 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    That's cool! I have a few pieces of driftwood from (both east and west coast) that I picked up to make handles for my eggs but never got to do it. How strong is it? I'm a bit worried with mine. Did you route the other side for the bracket to fit?
    ·
  • I did not route it. It had a nice flat side on the back and if you look at the top you will see it has a lip that sits on top of the eggs metal handle and give extra support that's what caught my eye when I thought about using it for a handle
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
    ·
  •  Very nice
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    Real nice
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 262
    Very impressive---great job
    ·