Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Driftwood handle

BBQBeermanBBQBeerman Posts: 62
edited August 2012 in Forum Feedback
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Found a piece of drift wood on the beach thought it would make a cool handle for the egg had some leftover stain from another project and added a couple coats of clear drilled a inset the screws
Life is short,love what you do or do something else

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    thats pretty cool looking 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    That's cool! I have a few pieces of driftwood from (both east and west coast) that I picked up to make handles for my eggs but never got to do it. How strong is it? I'm a bit worried with mine. Did you route the other side for the bracket to fit?
  • I did not route it. It had a nice flat side on the back and if you look at the top you will see it has a lip that sits on top of the eggs metal handle and give extra support that's what caught my eye when I thought about using it for a handle
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  •  Very nice
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,540
    Real nice
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 270
    Very impressive---great job