Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Driftwood handle

BBQBeermanBBQBeerman Posts: 62
edited August 2012 in Forum Feedback
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Found a piece of drift wood on the beach thought it would make a cool handle for the egg had some leftover stain from another project and added a couple coats of clear drilled a inset the screws
Life is short,love what you do or do something else

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    thats pretty cool looking 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    That's cool! I have a few pieces of driftwood from (both east and west coast) that I picked up to make handles for my eggs but never got to do it. How strong is it? I'm a bit worried with mine. Did you route the other side for the bracket to fit?
  • I did not route it. It had a nice flat side on the back and if you look at the top you will see it has a lip that sits on top of the eggs metal handle and give extra support that's what caught my eye when I thought about using it for a handle
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  •  Very nice
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,665
    Real nice
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 269
    Very impressive---great job