Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ask for a killer recipe and you shall receive

Duganboy
Duganboy Posts: 1,118
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
A few days ago, I asked for a killer wing recipe to use at an Eggfest.  @cazzy recipe was immediately posted by @lousubcap and confirmed by many other Eggheads.  That same night @Doc_Eggerton had wings for his nightly cook and he shared the recipe with me.  I was told to make 180 wings and I made 120 with Cazzy's recipe and 60 with Doc's and they were gobbled up.

@Griffin had posted a MOINK ball cook a few weeks ago and I did 175 of them and they were also gobbled up. I mean who doesn't like a meatball with bacon wrapped around it!!!

Thanks to all you guys for the help.  This board is truly a wealth of Egging knowledge.

Comments

• Duganboy
    @cazzy don't know why you moniker wasn't highlighted in original post. Wanted you to know you wing recipe was another success.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    For the record, you did all the work and success was never in doubt!!!  Watch out-next time the organizers will suggest (demand??) twice as much.  And on the side-post pics once that table gets landed.  Congrats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Very happy it worked out for ya. Honestly, the guests will eat anything, what did you think of them? Lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Duganboy
    Very happy it worked out for ya. Honestly, the guests will eat anything, what did you think of them? Lol
    Yep guests were all over the place. John Q. Public at it's finest.  I was right beside a BGE rep.  He made some apple dumplings that were out of this world.  Said he would be in Indy next week.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Egg it and they will come :-)

How'd you manage to score Dichicko's so quickly?  No stores carry it where I live.  Did you use Hot or Garlic?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Duganboy
    Egg it and they will come :-)

How'd you manage to score Dichicko's so quickly?  No stores carry it where I live.  Did you use Hot or Garlic?

Ordered it straight from their website.  If you buy 6 bottles (you can choose different sauces) their is no shipping charge. I used garlic and their wing sauce.  About 2/3 wing sauce and 1/3 garlic.  Had a nice color, just like the ones in your cook that caught my eye.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Ah, that's how I get it, I just thought you didn't have enough lead time.  Winn Dixie used to carry it, but I buy it by the gallon.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• lecrams
    lecrams Posts: 116
    My brother lives in Augusta and introduced me to DiChiko's 2 years ago. We love their sauce, but haven't tried it on wings. Would you guys mind sharing what you do with it? Sounds delicious! By the way, if ever in Augusta you must try their restaurant........wow!
  • Doc_Eggerton

My brother lives in Augusta and introduced me to DiChiko's 2 years ago. We love their sauce, but haven't tried it on wings. Would you guys mind sharing what you do with it? Sounds delicious! By the way, if ever in Augusta you must try their restaurant........wow!
    Pick your favorite, and marinate the heck out of it.  We like mixed Garlic and Hot.  Then cook wings your favorite way.  It's as simple as that.  Unfortunately Augusta is kind of out of the way, no matter where you're headed.

• lecrams
    lecrams Posts: 116
    Awesome, thanks!I will give it a whirl.
  • Duganboy
    Awesome, thanks!I will give it a whirl.
    As Doc said, I marinated the wings for 24+ hours.  I used a combo of Dichicko's wing sauce and garlic sauce since I was cooking for an event like this I didn't want to make them too hot.  They were very spicy, just not real hot.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Augusta is right off I-20 (runs East/West) and is one of the busiest interstates in the country.  So if you are headed this way, Dichicko's is just a mile off I-20.  Great store and cafe.  I love their sauces and their cafe is awesome.  Also if you have a Fresh Market or Whole Foods you can buy it from them.