Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My sons first cook

SmitySmity Posts: 57
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• SmitySmity Posts: 57
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Think I copied the wrong thing hope this works
    Put them on about an hour ago
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Getting the family involved makes it more enjoyable. Even if it's one marshmallow at a time.

Did you marinate with cran apple?
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    That's great my 4yr old loves helping. Wife was not to impressed the other day when she went out and found him emptying out the lump container though...
    Lynnwood WA
    Brownie said:

Getting the family involved makes it more enjoyable. Even if it's one marshmallow at a time.

Did you marinate with cran apple?

We put the juice in the drip pan.

• really cool smity. Good to get the kids involved early. 
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    Just before they came off then forgot to take more pics.... But they were awesome!
  • That's awesome, can't wait for my kids to start egging themselves!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,413
    Your are my hero. That is what it is all about ( that and drinking adult beverages). Very nice.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• @smity

Do you see a difference in the product of the ribs when cooked vertically vs just laying them on the rack?

I ask this because next saturday I will be cooking about that many ribs if not more with other food.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

@smity

Do you see a difference in the product of the ribs when cooked vertically vs just laying them on the rack?

I ask this because next saturday I will be cooking about that many ribs if not more with other food.

I have not noticed any difference in taste other than for the better. I only laid them flat on the old gasser.... Since I've gotten the egg this is how I do it now.
    Mickey said:

Your are my hero. That is what it is all about ( that and drinking adult beverages).
    Very nice.

Mickey, it is very cool! My son did a great job my whole family loved them!
    And yes there were adult beverages :D
    @ lizzie watching the kids enjoy the cook is the best part!!
  • BBQ + bonding, can't get any better than that.  Her is to many more cooks.
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • NortharrowNortharrow Posts: 103
    My son is 23. I'm still waiting for his first cook. :)
    Kennebunk, Maine