Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Alder salmon

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 501
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Heading to Alaska to reload on salmon and halibut on Sunday. Gave my next door neighbor most of the end of last years supply of salmon, about 10 fillets. Believe it or not last years is still as good as it was a year ago; vac sealed and flash frozen. I just cooked a salmon fillet on an alder plank with a chunk of alder in the lump. DP raging river with maple syrup and it was fabulous. Alder and salmon is a marriage made in heaven.

Comments

• AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Very jealous of you right now!

Hard to beat Pacific Salmon....I'll hot smoke Atlantic salmon in a pinch.....and you can forget about that farm raised garbage!

My brother in laws neighbor is headed back up there too ....looking forward to getting some fish from him soon.

Have a great trip!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,176
    I'm almost done building my cold smoker.  Primary objective is cold smoking salmon.  Secondary objective - adding maximum flavor to anything cured.

I'm jealous too!